What comes to your mind when we are talking about the top of the world? Mount Everest is also known as Sagarmatha which means “Goddess of Sky” or “Head of the Sky”. Mt. Everest comes under the Mahalangur Himalaya range of the Himalayas. Its elevation is 8,848m, which makes it the top of the world. whereas the elevation of the base camp is 5,363m in height from sea level. Mount Everest falls within the perimeter of Sagarmatha National Park of Solukhumbu district. We will need to have a permit from the national park for the Everest base camp trek. Solukhumbu is 139km air distance from the Kathmandu Valley (capital of Nepal).
Everest base camp trek presents you with the opportunity to explore alleys of mountains residing at such an elevation and at the same time to explore peace, love, and gratitude within yourself. The elevated glory of Mt. Everest looks fuller with other striking peaks like Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Nuptse, Mt. Ama Dablam, Mt. Cho Oyu, Mt. Kongde, Mt. Thamserku and more. We will begin our trek from Tenzing Hillary Airport in Lukla (2860m). We reach the highest point of our trek to Kala Patthar at the height of 5,643m. Thus making our trip challenging with an increased chance of having altitude sickness and considered a moderately difficult trek.
Everest base camp trek is one of the iconic trekking destinations among trekkers in the world. With its immensely vibrant scenery, the Everest region looks like heaven on the planet. Kala Patthar offers the best viewpoint to enjoy the panoramic picturesque of white and green mountains whereas the lower panel of the camp allows you to observe the beauty of Khumbu Glacier and Alpine valley.
Highlights of Everest Base Camp Trek
- Reaching the lap of the highest peak in the world
- Memorable flight to Lukla (airport at the highest altitude)
- Explore historic Khumbu Valley and hotel at the highest altitude
- Magnanimous Picturesque of Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Nuptse, Mt. Ama Dablam, Mt. Cho Oyu, and many more.
- Trek to Kalapatthar (5,545m)
- Visit the religiously significant Tengboche Monastery
- Perambulate through the natural glory of Sagarmatha National Park
- Get to know about the Sherpa people and their lifestyle